Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Three 😃

After a useless sleep and a 2am wake up thanks to jetlag I was pretty sleepy this morning. I attempted to sleep in to make up for the lack of sleep.  Once I decided to rise out of bed I got up and went to the main street to do some shopping. After trying on and selecting a couple of items to purchase I went to the counter only to realize you need ID in Buenos Aires to purchase anything with a card.

After coming away from my shopping experience with absolutely nothing to show for it, it was time for me to head back to my hotel for orientation.

I signed up for a one week tour with intrepid. I was told the group would meet at 1pm in the lobby of the hotel.  I was given a safety breifing and made aware that my group had been travelling for a few weeks together before I joined in on what was their last week.

My guide then took me to a free walking tour (not exactly free as you still have to tip).  The guide took a group of around 15 tourists through all the main parts of the central city, from the national congress to the Obelisk and many other monuments and buildings before fnishing by Cada Rosada.  In front of Casa Rosada we watched the change of guards.

I met the group for dinner at 7pm. The group was very friendly and welcoming. We went for dinner and played drinking games in one of the team members hotel room before a  night of drinking in Palermo.



Fun fact: Ava Peron, who is depicted behind me is depicted on both sides of this building. On one side she is happy and smiling as she is facing the side where the poor people of Buenos aires lived during her time. On the other side she is depicted yelling towards where the rich people lived.  This is because she was very famous for changing the lives of the poor people by introducing labour and women's right however, she was controversial as she was known for being very ruthless in her leadership so was not well liked by the wealthy people of Buenos Aires.

Adios mi amigos.

Megan 😃













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Two! 😄

Iguazu Falls! South America Trip Day Five 😄

Buenos Aires! South Ameria Trip Day Four 😄