Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Two! 😄

I woke up around 8am and headed down to the lobby for breakfast. I entered the breakfast room expecting to see mostly english speaking tourists. Oh how I was mistaken.  I was trying to make out who was speaking English and couldn't spot a single English speaking tourist.

Day two was slow day for me. I made my way out during the morning for a brisk stroll and to take some better photos. I tried to walk all the way to Puerto Madero but was afraid to wonder to far from the hotel and get lost without internet or a map.  I thought risking it by myself, on my first full day in South America might be a bit of a bad call.

  The buildings in Buenos Aires are very frenh esque looking and were very aesthetically pleasing.  I ate a burger and chips for lunch, near my hotel and watched a football match on tv inside the burger restuarant. After this I mostly strolled around the streets of Buenos Aires, taking in the South American air and absorbing the culture until I returned to my hotel to shower and go to bed. Right around 7:00pm a small protest began outside of my hotel room.  It was a friendly protest, mostly appeared to consist of university students singing and dancing with a marching band in the street. It was soon over in about half an hour to leave me in peace so I could attempt to have a good nights sleep.







Fun fact of the day: Charles Thays or Carlos Thays, as the Argentines call him was a french born architect and landscape designer who designed a great deal of central Buenos Aires to give it a french inspired look.  The city is often referred to as the Paris of latin America.  

Adios mi amigos 😃

Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iguazu Falls! South America Trip Day Five 😄

Buenos Aires! South Ameria Trip Day Four 😄