Buenos Aires! South Ameria Trip Day Four 😄

I began this morning with a stroll through central Buenos Aires to visit the Obelisk and the BA sign along 9 de Julio, the widest road in South America. I did a little bit of shopping and exploring the cities mecca before heading back to the hotel. We met in the lobby at 6pm. We caught taxis to the bus terminal. My taxi entered what they call the "locals entrance" which was made evidently obvious by the amount of people, rubbish and the hovering odour of urine.

We boarded the luxary bus after a bit of confusion with which bus we were meant to board. The bus seats reclined right back into a bed and we had plenty of room with tvs for entertainment.  Typically my seat was broken and didn't lock when I reclined it, but as long as I put most of my weight in the top of the seat when I lay down (which was the comfiest bit anyway) I was fine. I did have to take care when going to sit back up so I didnt fly my petit body across the bus like a cannonball.

I slept well on the bus. I think the severe lack of sleep during the days prior and a high dosage sleeping pill helped me sleep like a baby.

The bus ride went quickly despite being 16 hours long and we arrived in iguazu falls at about midday.




Fun fact: Buenos Aires was founded twice.  First by Pedro de Mendoza in 1536 and secondly by Juan de Garay in 1580 who refounded the city.

Adios mi amigos 😄

Megan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iguazu Falls! South America Trip Day Five 😄

Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Two! 😄