Europe Trip Diary #8 29th April

So I leave once again! I have left my humble abode I have spent the last almost 2 weeks in.  It was a sad departure as I left all the horses and the friends I have made in my short time here.  I was gifted a collage of photos durring my time there and some chocolate from my good friend Federica.  I was also gifted a jacket from my host family with their logo on which was so kind of them and will come in handy in New Zealand's rain.

  I genuinely adored my stay in Sardinia and had such a fantastic time.  I loved being back with the horses and I was privileged to ride Getano a dressage horse  almost everyday.  He's gorgeous and huge.  I looked like a dot on him but it was so nice to ride a horse with such fancy movements.  I called him bambino cavallo which means baby horse in Italian as he is only young and loved to nibble on everything and was incredibly looky with everything.


My time in Sardinia consisted of to much pizza for one to consume in two weeks, every flavour of gelato possible, crazy Italian drivers, bambino cavallo and lots of love and laughter.  I will miss my Italian family and the food but I am definitely aiming to return and stay for longer.  They have told me I have to learn Italian and come back this time next year and stay for much longer.  I am unfortunate in that I miss Sainte Visio a festival and parade that is held on the 1st May every year as I leave to early but I was able to see some of the streets decorated with colourful streamers and decorations.  I am told by a very well travelled man that Sainte Visio is the best festival in the world and that it is a must see so I look forward to seeing that next year hopefully.

For those of you who are wondering how I came upon this opportunity it is by the workaway website which was recommended to me by a friend of mine.  I scouted out a horse related stay in a beautiful European destination and came across Boscovivo which I knew was going to be exactly what I wanted to do in the two weeks I had to play with and it did not disappoint.  I will do a blog post on my experience with work away and inform all those who would like to know about how it works and my experience shortly so look out for that if you are interested.


A beautiful wee spot I found on my walk to the beach

The streets of Pula decorated for Sainte Visio


Federicka, Camilla, Getano and I in the arena


Love you all,
Till next time, 
Megan Cook.

Follow for more of me! Also Feel free to give my Instagram a little follow while you're at it.
Instagram: _megan_cook1_


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Two! πŸ˜„

Iguazu Falls! South America Trip Day Five πŸ˜„

Buenos Aires! South Ameria Trip Day Four πŸ˜„