Iguazu Falls! South America Trip Day Five 😄

We disembarked the luxary bus and collected our luggage. We were dropped off on the argentinian side of the falls near the border of Brazil. We then crossed the border in a van and headed straight to the Brazilian side of the falls.

We had a quick munch on some overpriced fast food near the falls then set off on a hike around the falls.

I was blown away by the beauty of it all.

We did a brief walk, approximately 3km or so. This took us along the side of the falls and underneath the mouth of one section. We got pretty wet so I was definately pleased I was appropriately dressed in wet weather gear.

After we completed the walk and took about a million photos we headed back to the shuttle bus to make our way to the hotel. Some of us visited a bird park on the way home where we saw a variety of exotic birds.  The hotel was a little far from glamorous to put it politely. Despite this I had an entire room with 4 beds to myself. As we were now in Brazil the electricity sockets were different than Argentina and one that I had never come across before. It was the same as the European one but much thinner. I had only brought a European and united states adapter with me which meant I had to use all my portable chargers and go without drying my hair for this portion of this trip.

On this evening we showered and went out for dinner to a buffet near our hotel. When I first walked into the buffet I wasn't overly fussed by the look of the place. This restaurant taught me to never judge a book by its cover becuase the food was amzing.  We piled our plates filled with food and waiters came around and added meat off massive spits to our plates.

After we finished eating we headed back to our hotel for a much needed food coma. However as I'm a terrible sleeper I battled this night as I had such a big room all to myself in a creepy hotel.



Fun fact: Iguazu Falls is nearly twice as tall as Niagra Falls.

Adios mi amigos 😄

Megan

Remember to follow me on instagram @megans.adventure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buenos Aires! South America Trip Day Two! 😄

Buenos Aires! South Ameria Trip Day Four 😄